Life Path Number 5

Those with a Life Path of 5 seek freedom above all else. They are adventurers, having a restless nature, and being on the go, constantly seeking change and variety in life. They have a free spirit and need to have variety in their day. If they do not live the adventure, their lives become way too dramatic.

They love meeting new people, trying new things, and living life for today, and curiosity leads them to constantly try to find the answers to life's questions. "Conservative" is a word that is probably never used to describe them, as they love taking risks, and hate routine and repetition.

Fives have a hard time settling down and have a fear of being trapped or smothered in a relationship. Their love of freedom extends beyond concern only for their own freedom, and they have a genuine concern for the freedom and welfare of others. Although Fives are extremely compassionate, their focus on adventure and curiosity can also distract them and keep them from being aware of the feelings of those around them. Furthermore, because they are always seeking the next adventure, their life can lack direction, and this can cause them to become discontent and impatient.

Fives are very persuasive and excel at motivating people which makes them ideal candidates to become salesmen. Any career requiring travel is also a great fit for those with Life Path number 5, since it will keep them away from the routine of many other jobs, otherwise they may feel a sense of restlessness if they get stuck in a mundane or repetitive job environment. Fives are also very versatile, which makes many other career choices suitable for them. A person with a lot of 5's in their chart will want to be their own boss. This person will not enjoy working a 9 to 5 job where they have to report to someone else each day.

Life path number 5 is the number of freedom and change. Below are some key points you might want to take into consideration to help you on your path …

Don't try to deny who you are. Security is a great thing, but you need your escapes. Find a way to satisfy that wandering urge or you'll be miserable.

Aim for a career that lets you have adventures. You are capable of great originality in both thought and action. You could do something as dramatic as being a photographer for National Geographic or as simple as being a flight attendant.

You can be self-indulgent, especially if you let yourself get bored. Allow yourself to enjoy your spirit of adventure and you'll be able to find excitement in a walk around the block. If you can't travel, at least try new restaurants.

You are sensual, but don't bask in it. Don't forget to learn about yourself and other people while you explore.

Celebrities and Famous People with Life Path Number 5

Dr Dre February 18, 1965
George Michael June 25, 1963
Jay-Z December 4, 1969
Jon Bon Jovi March 2, 1962
Mick Jagger July 26, 1943
Tina Turner November 26, 1939
If you are unsure, or would like to verify, what your Life Path Number is, feel free to use my Life Path Calculator.

If you'd like to know how your Life Path Number is calculated, visit my How To Calculate Your Life Path Number page, or leave me a note below and I can help you out 😉

{ 40 comments… read them below or add one }

A April 21, 2013 at 7:10 pm

I am the complete opposite of what it states for me! Go figure!

David May 28, 2013 at 12:20 pm

You are probably closer to 4. I am looking up my numerology and 5 22 1985s’ life path is 5 even tho I fit 4 also, which is a little contradicting, yet I understand it. I am a Gemini so having my two sides is understandable to most. Just a little tip I’ve learned: If one is born within the FIRST or LAST 6 days of there ZODIAC sign, this fits the cusp of the signs planet, which gives energies from another planet to fit your character. I am no expert by far but in my opinion if you search your life path, name, zodiac, and the Chinese grasp knowledge from just the year you are born and combine them all, you may see oneself with better understanding.

Hayley April 18, 2013 at 9:56 pm

you have Mike Myers down as a number 4 AND a number 5.

seven April 19, 2013 at 11:32 pm

ha, thank you … that should be a 4 for him : )

sarah March 19, 2013 at 5:20 am

im a virgo and looking back i must admit the summary describes me perrrfectly. Incredible.

Gage January 30, 2013 at 5:48 am

totally dead on!!! mouth dropped while reading from the fact it described me. i hate answering to my boss..i hate the same old routine ..and the relationship part was so me..thumps up..now to find a job that i can enjoy instead of doing the same thing every night…

pallavii February 2, 2013 at 11:12 am

hi gage what is ur birthdate

Sue January 15, 2013 at 9:39 am

Once I left my first marriage that was suffocating me from the age of 17 to 32 did all the things described for number 5 become my way of life. This is so who I’am today!!!….

El December 23, 2012 at 7:21 pm

This most certainly does NOT describe me. I like independence, yes, but I also like routines, am not all that adventurous, am an introvert, and don’t like taking risks.

Lisa hancock December 3, 2012 at 7:40 am

This is so not me at all n couldnt b any farther from what me or my life is!!!! My life # is 5

Eddie Couture November 29, 2012 at 4:39 am

yes this fits me to a T wow

Adam May 21, 2012 at 7:42 pm

I just got chills reading this. I’ve never seen it summed up so neatly… it’s creepy how true this is.

B5 May 6, 2012 at 1:38 pm

I have a life path number of 5 and my beau has a life path number of 3. The traits listed about us both are spot on. I ordered a compatability reading to help me understand how to be in harmony with him and continue to develop my professional life and help him do the same. I am really looking forward to reading the report and learning and growing with the information that is provided. Thank you for taking the time to provide this service at an affordable price.

Mic October 12, 2012 at 9:21 pm

I’m a 5 (3+2) and my hubby a 3 (1+2) he is a Capricorn and I’m Aquerius…..what a match!!!but we love each other to bits!!!!!

al February 28, 2012 at 1:34 am

the moment i leave this envelope i am going to ride the wind and have fun with one and all

Hanz February 18, 2012 at 11:11 pm

Ok, so I was born on the 27th of october 1993…which means Im a #5 right?
However there are a few things i dont identify with, like for instance I dont see myself as being a salesman at all! or anything else to do with helping others out in a direct manner…I quite like the #3 lifepath and I identify with it a lot, I would much rather just become a musician or something…I do like progress, im a bit coservationist though, I do try to find freedom in everything though, that’s so very true, and I always ask question about life…I just dont see myself being a teacher or a salesman…I wanna be a musician!! lol xD

seven February 19, 2012 at 1:28 am

Hi Hanz, I wouldn’t take that salesman thing too literally. Besides, being a free spirit is a good thing for a musician no? ; )

Barbara Bartalini February 18, 2012 at 11:38 am

Well I’m in the same boat..number 5, and I certainly can identify the issues, of career, job search, lack thereof and especially problems with relationships, it’s been such an up and down for many years, now 42 years old. I feel it helps a great deal to help others reveal things, ideas on how to improve in these areas..oh and travel is such a big thing for me as well, I have previously to England, Australia, Italy and want to continue to travel. We have a tough time for staying put, that’s for sure. I would love the input :).

vikas goel December 14, 2011 at 2:47 am

My D.O.B is 14 july 1973. The life path number is 5 and ruling number is also 5.
I have lot of up and downs in job and still struggling, I mean it is not going smooth.
My social circle is like nothing and mostly people get annoyed from me.

Can anybody suggest for remedy. thanks.

M. Rhaziah January 5, 2012 at 8:43 am

Trust me you not alone! My dob is 3/24/85 and I hate my job, and my social circle… Idk if im going through a quarter life crisis, or if I’m just not living up to my 5 potential… Probably both smh

Sidhartha Kasiraju January 12, 2012 at 11:51 pm

I would like to add up, with 12-07-1984 as my DOB & 5 as my life path i’m frustrated @ everything around me starting from my professional career, peer group frenz group. Everything about them is repetitive, i mean the way the tasks come up every day at my job, my friends/ peer’s behavior, nothing is different

Anupam Agrawal December 14, 2011 at 2:37 am

Hi,

I am 26th july 1979 and my life path number is 5. Everything is true as stated by you but relationship is like a curse in my life. I am still single. How can I get my soulmate?

Regards,
Anupam

&M October 2, 2011 at 10:37 pm

A lot of 5’s in a persons chart? What does that mean?

seven October 3, 2011 at 12:30 am

Having more instances of any one number increases the influence of both negative and positive traits that number represents. It also becomes much more difficult to overcome the influence of the negative attributes once you become susceptible to them.

natali September 30, 2011 at 8:50 pm

yep i do things without thinking and then only answer for me is go in another country to escape my parents complains but they never give me my freedom 🙁 i traveled to australia bulgaria germany canada india but stuck with my mom

demetrius September 17, 2011 at 4:15 pm

This is so true, I have been to England, Germany, Kuwait, Eygpt, Canada, Japan and Korea and of course many places in the US. I have sailed the seven seas, been on numerous flights, trains, ships etc lol I could write a book on my experiences so far and I am only 34! We thrive when we are not restricted.

Simi August 27, 2011 at 5:11 pm

5 is my personality and quiescent self but im 7 tho. but this definitely describes me

DivineWisdom7 July 10, 2011 at 2:21 am

Thanking you for the knowledge that has set me free, by confirming ME..

CMB June 12, 2011 at 1:03 pm

I LOVE THIS IT’S SOOOOOOOOOOOO TRUE….. I’ve TRAVELED SOOOOOOO MUCH & I AM ONLY 25

Troy December 22, 2011 at 9:24 am

Me too! I’m also 25 and went on a European trip during Spring Break last year. Once I got to Germany, where I was staying, I ventured off to Paris for a day and then to Geneva.

I long to be my own boss — at doing what you might ask? Being a photographer! I loathe my 9 to 5 job and plan to leave in a year or two once my photography business has taken off.

Christina June 11, 2011 at 6:18 am

My daughter is a 5. This has definitely helped me understand her more. Although she is only 3 years old, she expresses the characteristics of a 5 very well. I myself am an 11 or 2.

cw June 1, 2011 at 2:06 pm

This explains why I’m not the office job type, and why my present carrier choice allows me to always travel, now that I have seen about all of the USA and some of Canada and Mexico, now I’m ready to see the world by sea. This so interesting specially the relationship part….

JP May 22, 2011 at 7:52 am

I always dreamed as a child to work while traveling around the world. Numerology is quite accurate sometimes XDD

hales May 11, 2011 at 10:33 pm

wow, this is creepily true.. I always thought I was bad for having such a free spirit but since I’ve been learning about myself, its just me and my spirit is at its happiest when I’m a free, happy spirit!.. PS – my dream is to Travel to every part of the world.. hahaha!.. thanks!

Trisha March 15, 2011 at 1:00 am

and all before I reached the age of 21

Trisha March 15, 2011 at 1:00 am

I have traveled to every state in the country most of Canada and some of Mexico.. all on foot with no money..

Ange September 4, 2011 at 10:57 pm

How did you do that? What did you eat? Where did you sleep? I’m curious as a typical 5 vibration.

Patricia February 18, 2011 at 10:17 pm

Damn True! My ultimate goal in life is to travel around the world! To me, travelling is the best education in the world.. I love to meet new people and learn their culture! I hate 9 to 5 jobs cos it is too boring and routine! I love jobs relating to sales and travel! X

JPAOLO February 16, 2011 at 11:56 pm