How To Calculate Your Life Path Number

i] Take your date of birth, and separately reduce each; your MONTH, DAY, and YEAR to a single digit value.

Using February 27, 1976 as an example ...

February = 2
27 = 9
1976 = 23 = 5

ii] Add these 3 separate numbers to get your Life path number

2 + 9 + 5 = 16

iii] Sometimes you will need to reduce the number once again to get your final single digit base value

1 + 6 = 7

In such cases your Life Path Number is often written as 16/7 to indicate the higher double digit vibration from which your Life Path Number 7 was derived from.

Note: Any time you encounter a Master Number (11, 22, or 33) in your calculation, DO NOT reduce it any further.

Master Numbers

Master Numbers 11, 22, and 33 are not to be reduced anytime they are found within the calculation, but are still written as 11/2, 22/4, and 33/6, just like any other Life Path Number would be to indicate both the base number, as well as the double digit vibration from which that base number was derived from ... 16/7 for example 🙂

You will find that there are a few variations on how some people, and websites, calculate your Life Path Number. Most of the time, the results will be the same, however, when we come to the point of determining the double digit vibration for your number, there are differences depending on the method of calculation used. This often results in questioning not only whether or not you might have a Master Number, but also several other numbers within your Numerology Chart.

Example Calculation

Date of Birth = July 29, 1964 = 7/29/1964

[i] Pythagorean or 3 Cycle Method
Month = 7
Day = 29 = 11
Year = 1964 = 20 = 2

7 + 11 + 22 = 20/2

[ii] Straight Accross Addition
7 + 2 + 9 + 1 + 9 + 6 + 4 = 38 = 11/2

[iii] Other Methods
7 + 29 + 1964 = 2000 = 2
The numbers representing your Month, Day, and Year of birth are used to calculate your Pinnacles, Challenges, and are ultimately responsible for each of your 3 Cycles. The Pythagorean Method relies on the idea that your Life Path is based on these cycles, and so it is sometimes called the 3 Cycle Method. It is these Cycles that are added together to form your Full Life Cycle … or your LIFE PATH.

Furthermore the Pythagorean Method is stricter and more selective in determining whether or not someone falls into the category of a Master Number, giving us a more realistic and even distribution of Master Numbers regardless of decades or centuries, the other methods do not.

See Statistical Analysis of Master Numbers from numerologyworx.com

For those who feel that the Pythagorean Method is somehow incorrect ... and this would include mostly those for whom this method does not produce a Master Number, keep in mind that most professional numerologists use this method exclusively, and see the other methods as being incorrect. For more information feel free to examine some of the following material:
Recommended Reading

Numerology Compatibility Analysis

Free Numerology Profile Readings

service provided by seventhlifepath.com

1. Can you please tell me mine? 7/23/1983

• 7 = 7
      23 = 5
      1983 = 21 = 3
      Your life path number = 7 + 5 + 3 = 15/6

2. Hi so what would September 29 1992 be?

• Hi Tamara,
      Sept = 9
      29 = 11 (master numbers are not reduced any further within the calculation)
      1992 = 21 = 3
      Your life path = 9 + 11 + 3 = 23 = 5

3. Good day,
    I am a bit confused, my dob is Mar, 15, 1986 and by using the single method I get 33, using the cycle, I get 6, what do I look at?

• Hi Simon, you are a 6 regardless. However, instead of your double digit higher vibration being 33, yours is a 15. Hope that helps : )

4. You say I’m a 33. I have always had a deep fascination regarding spiritual matters; to the point where I even found myself in seminary once LOL! I quickly realized that my interests rest outside the comfort zone of the rigid. I do believe that there is a teacher within, but it’s activation is blocked ( or gets blocked ). This is hard to explain in normal terms. Why does this interruption exist?

5. Do Me !
    Do me !

May 23, 1998

• Hi William : )

May = 5
      23 = 5
      1998 = 27 = 9
      Your life path number = 5 + 5 + 9 = 19 = 10 = 1

6. What about the birthdate January 8th, 1991? Thanks.

• Hi Ryan,
      Jan = 1
      08 = 8
      1991 = 20 = 2
      Your life path number = 1 + 8 + 2 = 11/2

7. My birthday is 11-13-1960
    Thanks , Cathy from Maryland

• Hi Cathy,

11 = 11 (master numbers are not reduced within the calculation)
      13 = 4
      1960 = 16 = 7
      Your life path number = 11 + 4 + 7 = 22/4

8. My birthday is 03/22/1997 some day I’m just a plain 6 others say I’m Master number 33/6. Can you help?

• Hi Kennedy, using the Pythagorean method of calculation ...
      03 = 3
      22 = 22 (master numbers are not reduced within the calculation)
      1997 = 26 = 8
      Your life path number = 3 + 22 + 8 = 33/6

9. Is my number 33 or 6? Or 33/6?
    March 26 1984
    Thank you for getting back to me when you can!

• Hi Sage ...
      march = 3
      26 = 8
      1984 = 22 (master numbers are not reduced here)
      your life path number = 3 + 8 + 22 = 33/6 ... best way of looking at it is you are life path number 6 with your higher double digit vibration being master number 33.

10. Iwant to know lifepath number