How To Calculate Your Life Path Number

i] Take your date of birth, and separately reduce each; your MONTH, DAY, and YEAR to a single digit value.

Using February 27, 1976 as an example ...

February = 2
27 = 9
1976 = 23 = 5

ii] Add these 3 separate numbers to get your Life path number

2 + 9 + 5 = 16

iii] Sometimes you will need to reduce the number once again to get your final single digit base value

1 + 6 = 7

In such cases your Life Path Number is often written as 16/7 to indicate the higher double digit vibration from which your Life Path Number 7 was derived from.

Note: Any time you encounter a Master Number (11, 22, or 33) in your calculation, DO NOT reduce it any further.

Master Numbers

Master Numbers 11, 22, and 33 are not to be reduced anytime they are found within the calculation, but are still written as 11/2, 22/4, and 33/6, just like any other Life Path Number would be to indicate both the single digit base number, as well as the double digit vibration from which that base number was derived from ... 16/7 for example 🙂

You will find that there are a few variations on how some people, and websites, calculate your Life Path Number. Most of the time, the results will be the same, however, when we come to the point of determining the double digit vibration for your Life Path Number, there are differences depending on the method of calculation used. This often results in questioning not only whether or not you might have a Master Number, but also several other numbers within your Numerology Chart, such as whether or not your Life Path also carries Karmic Debt .

Example Calculation

Date of Birth = July 29, 1964 = 7/29/1964

[i] Pythagorean or 3 Cycle Method
Month = 7
Day = 29 = 11
Year = 1964 = 20 = 2

7 + 11 + 2 = 20/2

[ii] Straight Accross Addition
7 + 2 + 9 + 1 + 9 + 6 + 4 = 38 = 11/2

[iii] Other Methods
7 + 29 + 1964 = 2000 = 2
The numbers representing your Month, Day, and Year of birth are used to calculate your Pinnacles, Challenges, and are ultimately responsible for each of your 3 Cycles. The Pythagorean Method relies on the idea that your Life Path is based on these cycles, and so it is sometimes called the 3 Cycle Method. It is these Cycles that are added together to form your Full Life Cycle … or your LIFE PATH.

Furthermore the Pythagorean Method is stricter and more selective in determining whether or not someone falls into the category of a Master Number, giving us a more realistic and even distribution of Master Numbers regardless of decades or centuries, the other methods do not.

Free Numerology Chart Summary

• Provides a summary of the numbers within your Numerology Chart
  • Your Life Path, Expression, Heart's Desire, and Personality Numbers Calculations and Meanings
  • Your Balance Chart

For those who feel that the Pythagorean Method is somehow incorrect ... and this would include mostly those for whom this method does not produce a Master Number, keep in mind that most professional numerologists use this method exclusively, and see the other methods as being incorrect. For more information feel free to examine some of the following material:
Recommended Reading

Each aspect of your Numerology Chart is defined by a number ranging from 1 to 9. Your Life Path Number, although most influential, is but one of over 25 Numbers that together form your entire Numerology Chart, essentially providing us with a Numerology “blueprint” of YOU.

A Balance Chart can be used to visualize this blueprint, allowing us to better see which of the numbers 1 to 9 are more prevalent and dominant within your chart. This can often be helpful in explaining why some people don’t always relate to a definition of their Life Path Number, or perhaps the meaning behind their Expression and Heart’s Desire Numbers.

As a simple example, if your Life Path Number is a 6, but the rest of your numbers are all 9s, you will find yourself relating more to the Number 9. In this case, the Number 9 would be the dominant and influential force within your overall Numerology Chart.

Additionally, because this blueprint is based on many different aspects of your Numerology Chart, it is very unlikely to meet a person with the same exact blueprint as yours.

If interested, a Balance Chart is included along with your Core Number calculations and definitions in a free Numerology Chart Summary.

Numerology Compatibility Analysis

Your Numerology Chart Summary

free service provided by seventhlifepath.com

Numbers in Numerology

Learn about their Vibration, Attributes and Meaning

Numerology Number 1 Numerology Number 1 Numerology Number 1 Numerology Number 1 Numerology Number 1 Numerology Number 1 Numerology Number 1 Numerology Number 1 Numerology Number 1

November Free Numerology Offers and Events

services provided by numerologist.com

Your guide to the most meaningful events and noteworthy numerology days of 2020

Grab your FREE 2020 Cosmic Calendar

numerology repeating numbers handbook
Repeating Numbers & The Hidden Messages From The Universe

FREE Repeating Numbers Handbook

1. Hi,

I am trying to follow but I am at a lost.

11/11/1982 -> (11) + (11) + (1+9+8+2) -> 11+11+ 20

-> 11 + 11 + 2. Am I doing this correct? Is it , 11, 11, and 2 or 6?

• Hi Tony, yes you did it correctly and so your life path number = 11 + 11 + 2 = 24 = 6

2. Hi, my name is Jillian. My life path number is 5.
    My birthday is May 11, 1987.
    What is my master number? And could someone help me understand how to get my number?
    Thanks

• Hi Jillian, so your day number is master number 11 ... if that is what you were asking. Your Life Path Number as you said is 5 ...
      May = 5
      11 = 11
      1987 = 25 = 7

Life path = 5 + 11 + 7 = 23 = 5

Cheers : )

3. I do not mean to add a continuing question, however, after looking through the few comments that I can see, I still don't have the clarity I am seeking.

My dob is June 22, 1973.

I have had quite a few calculations that give me a life path of 3. However, being born on the 22, wouldn't that result in a life path master number of 22/4?

Aster reading everything I can find, that is the impression get. However, all calculator tell me 3. Could you provide further insight please?

After reading the 22/4 life path, I cannot help but to see that is the correct number. If so, then all of my other numbers, would they change also? I am kind of confused now and it's simple math. Lol! Can you help me please? Thank you.

• Hi Cybil. Your Life Path number is calculated from your entire birth date. The 22 in your date of birth is the Day number. Your life path number is calculated as follows ...
      June = 6
      22 = 22 (master numbers are not reduced within the calculation)
      1973 = 20 = 2
      Your Life Path Number = 6 + 22 + 2 = 30 = 3

Hope that makes sense : )

4. After all numbers added individually result is 33. For me numbers are like impressions of perfect geometry structure of universe, so everyone too.. but few people realizes it.

5. Forgive me if this had been pointed out before, but I haven't read all comments :

Using what you term as the 3-cycle / Pythagorean method, one cannot get a master number 33.

As adding three "biggest" single digit numbers is 9 + 9 + 9, equals 27. That's the maximum number one would get, so within that one could get a 11 or 22, but not a 33.

So my point is using this calculation method, the master number 33 is eliminated from being attained entirely.

Am I right in this thinking? Please advice if otherwise.

• Hi Una,
      You have to take into account that we are not reducing master numbers within the calculation itself, as such the highest double digit Life Path number you can achieve using the Pythagorean method would be 11 (month) + 22 (day) + 22 (year) = 55.

Just to note ... we wont be able to get a 33 for the YEAR alone until all the numbers within the year can add up to 33 ... first such year would be in the year 6999 I believe.

Also if you are looking at the other popular method where you simply add all the numbers straight across, you will not be able to get the master number 33 very often from now on. For example i think the first occurrence after the year 1999 is 09/09/2049 = 9 + 9 + 2 + 4 + 9 = 33/6, whereas before the turn of the century, because we were dealing with years that included high numbers such as 1999, getting master numbers using the straight across addition was mathematically easy to achieve. This leads to large variations in the number of possible master numbers over different decades or centuries.

The Pythagorean method on the other hand is always consistent across any decade, century, or even eon. More info if interested- https://numerologyworx.com/life-path-number-statistics/

Our life path calculator does show how your date of birth is broken down so you can try and play around with it if you'd like to test out some dates : )

• Thank you kindly for taking time to clarify this for me.

So, using the 3-cycle/Pythagorean method, someone born in November should stick with the 11 and not reduce it to 2; as well as someone born on dates 11th, 22nd, 29th (2+9=11) should stick to respective 11 & 22 and not reduce the numbers either; years involve more numbers I won't list these!

I am still fascinated with the mathematics that using all these different methods shown in your article, from [i] to [iv], when fully "reduced", whilst keeping or not keeping these "master numbers" during calculation, always gives the same final "reduced" number in the end!

Magic of numbers, magic of maths (keep your interest during lessons, it leads to esoteric stuff!)...

6. Wat is my life number

7. Hey, what is my life path number?

24th January, 1989

Someone said I'm a 33/5... I got 34 and some other numbers.

Thanks.

• That would be

Jan = 1
      24 = 6
      1989 = 27 = 9
      Your life path number = 1 + 6 + 9 = 16 = 7

8. 33?

9. Do you simplify the 22 in 2022 or not thanks

• the year 2022 is reduced to 6 ... 2 + 0 + 2 + 2

• Thanks

10. I’m glad you guys are awake! What’s up to my divine tribe! Vibe with every moment! Create and demonstrate! It’s the take over!!!! Stand up! You know who you are! Your callled!! By the most high!!’ Let’s ride